Metal braces have always been the go-to orthodontic treatment for many people who want to achieve straighter and healthier teeth. However, not all people liked the idea of the procedure due to its unsightly or uncomfortable metal brackets, wires, and rubber bands. Since dental technology had evolved over the years, so as its procedures and services. Patients can now choose from various options that are developed to cater to many dental needs including orthodontics.
At Heresi Dental Care, we offer one of the most in-demand procedures nowadays for teeth straightening in the form of Invisalign! Teens and adults can now undergo a procedure that does not have the hassles associated with the conventional approach.
Interesting Facts about Invisalign
- The procedure uses SmartTrack, a transparent and highly flexible material, that delivers constant force to the teeth for its proper alignment. Compared to the conventional approach and other materials, it offers minor discomfort which makes it more favorable to most patients. All types of braces whether traditional or improved has some level of discomfort due to the pressure applied to the teeth.
- Invisalign trays are removable; this gives patients the flexibility of eating the foods they love as well as practice proper dental hygiene and care normally without something getting in the way.
- Despite the use of thermoplastic materials, the procedure offers the same functionality as its basis, traditional metal braces.
- The success of the treatment depends both on the dentist and the patient. The patient’s compliance in wearing the aligners are required as much as possible, while the dentist’s job is to formulate a treatment plan properly. Since the trays are made depending on the impressions and plan, the movement or positioning of the teeth would rely on the guidance of the aligner trays.
- To ensure the effectivity of the treatment aligners should be worn every day for 20 to 22 hours. Since the trays are provided beforehand, the patient should follow the recommended schedule for its switch. Typically, the dentists advise patients to change aligners every two weeks, but it also depends on the patient’s teeth condition.
- Toothpaste may be used in cleaning the teeth, but it should not be used on Invisalign aligners. Its abrasive properties may result to scratches on the surface of the aligners jeopardizing the functionality and effectivity of the treatment.
The popularity of Invisalign is due to the advantages it offers over other orthodontic treatments like its comfort, convenience, and discreet way of straightening the teeth. It is ideal for anyone who wishes straighter teeth without the hassles of conventional braces.
Bring out your best smile with Invisalign in Fredericksburg, VA, book your appointments with Heresi Dental Care! Call us to experience an outstanding treatment in making your teeth straighter, beautiful and healthy!